Hello everyone! My name is Laura. Yep, that's me below. I need a new picture but hate having them taken. Here are a few facts about me if you're interested.
- I'm 24 years old.
- I've lived in Yorkshire my whole life.
- My family is incredibly important to me and I'm super close to my mum.
- I'm a Chemist
in training studing in my final year of an MChem degree. No, I don't dispense drugs, that's a pharmacist.
wantgot a first.
- I LOVE cake.
- I hate the taste of alcohol.
- Put alcohol in cake and I'm all over it.
- Whisky + chocolate is the best cake flavour combination second only to chocolate and caramel.
- Every conversation with me turns to cake at some point. Even interviews.
- I also love pastry but don't often get chance to practice making anything but shortcrust.
- I have a low tolerance of people who don't make an effort. And idiots.
- I can be very blunt. Well I did say I was from Yorkshire.
- Nobody will EVER beat my mum's chocolate cake. Or her shortbread. And definitely not her Millionaire's shortbread no matter how many food awards they have.
- I used to have two brothers but now only the one.
- I have three nephews.
- My dad is going to cry at my graduation. Guaranteed.
- My favourite colour is red.
- I'm quite tall.
- I've been growing my hair for years now so it's pretty long.
- I'm not a huge music fan. What I do like has been on my mp3 player for years and is really eclectic.
- My favourite film of all time is Pirates of the Caribbean 1.
- I'm a complete mushy romantic girly girl.
- Yet I have to be forced to wear make up.
- And I like manly comic book/adventure films.
- I'm pretty quiet and don't talk much until you find the right thing to get me started (usually cake). Then you'll have to tell me to shut up.
- I used to read books all the time. Anything from chick lit to murder mysteries. Now I don't read much because I'm continually reading recipes.
- I'm addicted to Pinterest.
- I'm also addicted to peanut butter.
- And tea. Not caffeine. Just tea.
- I can't stand coffee.
- Until you put it in a cake.
- I'm a huge worrier.
- I'm starting a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry this autumn.
- I need to get over point 33 so I can do point 34.
- I hold a Certificate of Education in Costume with Textiles. Yep, before Chemistry I studied a year of costume design.
- I've never regretted changing course.
- Chemistry is JUST like cooking. Read what's been done. Learn what to put together. Try it yourself on your own system. Just never lick the spoon.
- ALWAYS lick the kitchen spatula.
- I can't think of anything else....yet.
Well because everyone should have
a passion an obsession. Luckily the people I know benefit from the results of mine.