Thursday, 10 September 2015

3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies

With only three ingredients, a chewy texture and an oozing centre, you can't can't more Nutella flavour without eating it neat straight from the jar.
3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies - chewy, soft baked cookies with an oozing Nutella core
I have been thinking about Nutella an awful lot just lately. It's hardly surprising when I managed to collect over 2.5kg of the stuff. You see, I buy it when I see it on offer but then leave it in my cupboards because I cannot have an open jar in the house without eating it with a spoon. So the unopened jars build up and then I am forced to do something with it. Nutella was in fact the inspiration for this cottage cake, an ingenious addition to this bundt cake and part of the topping for these churro cupcakes.
3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies - chewy, soft baked cookies with an oozing Nutella core
Another thing I've been trying to do is to revisit some of my earliest posts. I'm no blogging expert but I can recogise that my early posts are shockingly bad. Yet they contain some wonderful recipes. Last year I managed to make this apple traybake again (shameless autumnbaking plug) and more recently I posted about my favourite peanut butter brownies, wild blackberry jam and strawberry and vanilla jam with much prettier pictures. As a food blogger I rarely get to make the same recipe twice because despite intentions, another recipe idea pops up in the way so it has been really nice to make these treats again. Next on my radar were these cookies.
3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies - chewy, soft baked cookies with an oozing Nutella core
Can you believe it only takes three ingredients to make super Nutella cookies? That's even better than 4 ingredient almond butter cookies. The Nutella takes the place of the fat and sugar typically found in biscuit and cookie recipes, as well as the flavourings so all you need to add is an add and some flour. The outcome is a soft baked chewy cookie with slightly crisp edges and such a heavy Nutella flavour you could only improve on by eating it out of the jar with a spoon. You will want to sink your teeth into cookie after cookie, breaking through the just crisp outer shell, right into the pure molten Nutella core. Very chocolately, very flavourful and literally packed with Nutella.
3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies - chewy, soft baked cookies with an oozing Nutella core
These might involve a little more work than the biscuit and cookie recipes I normally post but they are still easy. They wouldn't feature at all if they weren't worth it. Make them small so you can go back for seconds/thirds/fourths or make them as big a your hand. And maybe go back for seconds/thrids/fourths anyway. I won't judge.


print recipe

3 Ingredient Nutella Stuffed Cookies
With only three ingredients, a chewy texture and an oozing centre, you can't can't more Nutella flavour without eating it neat straight from the jar.
Ingredients
  • Approx 400g Nutella
  • 1 large egg
  • 150g plain flour
Instructions
1. An hour or so before you want to bake place small teaspoonfuls of Nutella on some baking parchment and chill in the fridge - this makes it easier to stuff the cookies later on.2. When you are ready to bake, set the oven to 180 C/160 C fan and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.3. Mix the egg into 280g of Nutella then sift in the flour and stir to combine. Divide the dough into balls - I made 18 cookies but the size is up to you.4. Split each ball in 2 and flatten. Peel off a portion of the chilled Nutella and place on one disc then place to other disc over the top. Press a fork around the edges to crimp and seal. Place on the baking sheet.5. Once the baking sheet is full, bake int he preheated oven for 10-15 mins depending on the size of the cookies and how soft/crisp you like them. Allow to cool on the tray for a few mins then remove to a wire rack. Repeat with the remainging cookie dough.

I'm sending these off to CookBlogShare this week hosted by Kirsty at Hijacked by Twins.


19 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Yes! The perfect cookie.... Nutella all the way! I wonder if I can make them work GF? There's only one way to find out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have total faith that you could Kate!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the Pretty Pintastic Party! These cookies look fantastic... and what a surprise that I have all the ingredients and love Nutella. ;) Somebody's gonna be baking this afternoon!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, I hope you enjoy them then. Thanks for stopping by! Do let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  3. I've seen the nutella stuffed cookies in Starbucks - but these look waaaaaaaaay better! (and thats coming from a huge Starbucks fan ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very honoured in that case Stuart :) glad you like them.

      Delete
  4. Oh my!!! These look amazing, I love Nutella, therefore I love everything about these. Thank you for sharing with #cookblogshare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is such a brilliant use of Nuttella Laura, I'm now dying to make some. I need to revisit so many recipes, but like you, it's always on to the next. Maybe this will be my next ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really shouldn't, but I can't help but be pleased I might be your next distraction!

      Delete
  6. Did someone say Nutella? I love that stuff and could just eat it straight for the jar. This sounds like a great idea - bookmarking to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo, been there! Ok, still do go there.....

      Delete
  7. I also eat nutella straight from the jar. I rarely get to bake with it as it never sits around the kitchen for very long! The squidgy centre of these looks so good.

    By the way I've just nominated you for a liebster award as I really enjoy reading your blog. Don't feel obligied to take part if it's not your thing as it's just a bit of fun. Feel free to check out my blog post if you're interested: http://whatdoyoumakeofmycake.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound awesome! I am always looking for new ways to eat Nutella. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another one eating nutella straight from the jar - the other way is just wrong, well maybe in these cookies nutella has that same, perfectly satisfying taste, I'll give it try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. :O! That nutella oozing out the middle... drooling :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!