Thursday, 6 August 2015

Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Soft baked with a chewy centre and creamy flavour, these one bowl cookies are packed full of white chocolate chips and coconut.
Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft baked, one bowl and delicious
I swear there aren't many more coconut recipes to come for a while. I haven't even blogged all of the ones I've made recently. I don't know what it is - only that every time I go looking for inspiration for a bake the jar of coconut on the side always catches my eye. I was choosing what cake to make last week when the same thing happened but seeing as I had already made these cookies I forced myself to choose another recipe.
Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft baked, one bowl and delicious
First there were these white chocolate cookies - which I have since made with dark chocolate as well as Terrys milk chocolate orange, both of which were delicious. Then there was this condensed milk loaf cake - very fun with an unusual ingredient. A while ago I showed you these buckwheat muffins which were deliciously different. If only the cardamom and coconut cupcakes had turned out pretty I would have been showing those off too. 
Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft baked, one bowl and delicious
These cream cheese might be very similar to these cookies but they have one key difference which I got the idea from Cookies and Cups. Cream cheese.I used my favourite cookie recipe with added cream cheese and a little less sugar, as suggested in the original recipe. The cookies came out with a soft baked texture that melts in the mouth, the centre being extra chewy from the perfect baking time and the inclusion of the cream cheese. You cannot taste the cheese flavour at all, literally just the creaminess comes through and who doesn't want the sigh of indulgence with every cookie they eat? The caramel tones of the soft brown sugar and vanilla sweetness of the white chocolate boosts this flavour to another level while the coconut distributed throughout adds a background note of the exotic, something fun, somthing more.
Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft baked, one bowl and delicious
When I tooks these cookies out of the oven I was nearly in tears at the effort it took to not eat one straight off the tray, let alone the six that I wanted to. I had no shame whatsoever at looking forward to cosying up in bed with a cup of tea and one of these treats that night.


print recipe

Coconut Cream Cheese White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft baked with a chewy centre and creamy flavour, these one bowl cookies are packed full of white chocolate chips and coconut.
Ingredients
  • 85g butter, melted and cooled
  • 85g cream cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg + 1 large yolk
  • 150g soft brown sugar
  • 60g dessicated coconut
  • 285g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 0.75 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 200g white chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Set the oven to 180 C/160 C fan and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.2. Whisk together the cooled melted butter with the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix in the egg and yolk followed by the sugar then the coconut.3. Sift in the flour, baking poweder and bicarbonate of soda. Fold in until just combined followed by the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of the cookies if you wish. Chill the dough for a short while if it is very soft.4. Place balls of dough on the bakng sheet leaving space in between them. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 mins depending on how crisp you like your cookies. Remove from the oven and leave in the tray for a few mins. Press each one slightly to flatten and press any reserved chocolate chips into the top.5. When the cookies have firmed up enough, transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I'm sending these cookies to Choclette at Tin and Thyme for the anything goes We Should Cocoa. Also to Beckie at This Is Not My Home who is hosting CookBlogShare this week.

17 comments:

  1. I'm a much bigger fan of white chocolate - this is so going to the top of my "must try" list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried cream cheese in a cookie - I'm intrigued! Thank you for linking to #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Give the cream cheese in cookies thing a go, it's lovely.

      Delete
  3. OOooohhhhh These look GOOD! I love the chunkiness of them and I can just see by looking that they are the sort of cookies with a soft, chewy, melty texture! I need them in my life xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't take long Kate! And I won't tell anyone if you don't even wait until they are cool off the baking sheet....

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Laura, those are some very indulgent cookies, but goodness they sound good. I've never tried cream cheese in a cookie before so will have to give them a go and I love anything with coconut in. Thanks for joining in with #WeShouldCocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you please give me the measurements in tsps. tbps & cups thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally work in cups so I don't know how accurate this info will be but I'll give it a go. 3/8 cup butter, 3/8 cup cream cheese, 3/4 cup soft brown sugar, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup chocolate chips. I hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. If you use Google and type in
      __ grams to tablespoons, or ounces or cups it will convert it fur you. 85 grams is 5 1/3 tablespoons.

      Delete
  6. I was so glad that Pinterest led me to your page, because these cookies look delectable! It's going to take me a moment to translate it to US terms so I don't make any mistakes.
    I was also wondering if these would be okay if I added macadamia nuts to the recipe? I was thinking the flavors would all compliment each other beautifully. If I added some would I need to adjust anything in the recipe? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, I think macadamia nuts would work beautifully in these cookies. Both for the flavour and texture. Let me know what you think! I've tried to convert the ingredients for you but I don't use cups so I don't know how accurate these are.....3/8 cup butter, 3/8 cup cream cheese, 3/4 cup soft brown sugar, 2 oz dessicated coconut, 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup chocolate chips. I hope this help.

      Delete
  7. I haven't actually MADE these cookies yet though they sound yummy. I have however, transferred the ingredient list to a (hopefully) workable American standard measurement. If you try it before I do let me know how it works out. Here it is:
    6T or 3oz. butter, melted (about 3/4 of a stick)
    6T or 3 oz. cream cheese (about 1/2 block)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 large egg + 1 large yolk
    1/2c or 5oz of brown sugar
    1/4c or 2oz of shredded coconut
    1 1/4c or 10 oz of flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp baking soda
    1c or 7oz of white chocolate chips (about a 1/2 bag)

    Set the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Whisk together the cooled melted butter with the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Mix in the egg and yolk followed by the sugar then the coconut.
    Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold in until just combined followed by the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of the cookies if you wish. Chill the dough for a short while if it is very soft.
    Place balls of dough on the baking sheet leaving space in between them. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 mins depending on how crisp you like your cookies. Remove from the oven and leave in the tray for a few mins. Press each one slightly to flatten and press any reserved chocolate chips into the top.
    When the cookies have firmed up enough, transfer to a wire rack to cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 36 cookies? I made 12... ;-) Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!