Friday, 17 July 2015

My Top 15 Favourite Blogs - Something for the Weekend

So. Officially I'm now a Master of Chemistry which quite frankly I find hilarious. Yes, Tuesday saw me finally graduate. In all seriousness though, I'm over the moon. It was a hectic day - travelling from my parents house, making myself presentable at my own house, the ceremony, lunch with my parents at a lovely tea room then an awards do in the evening where I picked up an award for my final year performance. 
I stayed in Huddersfield for one of my friends graduation but am going home again this weekend because there is a lot of family stuff happening next week. It's got to the point that when I'm in Huddersfield I miss home and when I'm at my parents I miss Huddersfield. 

I thought I'd bring you something different for Something for the Weekend this week. I've been meaning to share a list of my favourite blogs for a while. Please be aware though that it is by no means definitive because out of the 150+ blogs I follow (yep!) my favourites can change depending on my mood and what I'm fancying. So today these are the bloggers, in no particular order, I feel need to be given a special shout out.
  1. What Kate Baked... - Kate has a brilliant way with words and it is a real pleasure to read the whole post, not just skip to the recipe.
  2. Sally Baking Addiction - Do I need to explain this one? The photography, the detailed explanations, the cute pictures of Jude AND Sally seems like a genuinely nice person.
  3. Baked by Rachel - Rachel's pizza recipes are so creative. I want to go to her house for pizza night every week. 
  4. Cake of the Week - Janine has a very inventive way with alcohol in her baking. Plus, she is a fellow chemist but that doens't really make me biased.
  5. Belleau Kitchen - I've been following Dom's blog right from the start of my own and I love his way with words and his approach to baking. 
  6. Cakeyboi - Stuart is very creative and produces so many fun treats. I would not be ashamed to eat one after hte other if presented with a plate full.
  7. Caroline Makes - Another one I've been following from the beginning. Caroline is brilliant at cake decorating and her Slimming World suited recipes do not let on they are healthier.
  8. Scientifically Sweet - Christina is a food scientist so I get to satisfy my sweet teeth and my nerdy side with each one of her posts.
  9. Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary - Elizabeth manages to provide family friendly recipes that look much closer to gourmet. There is beautiful food and Shetlands scenery photography in there too.
  10. Cookies and Cups - Shelly makes fun baking recipes and quick and simple dinners which will always appeal to me along with her enthusiastic writing.
  11. The More Than Occasional Baker - Ros really is an avid baker and her muffin recipes truly stand out. Plus, it was lovely to meet her in person at a food show last year.
  12. Tin and Thyme - Choclette began blogging at Chocolate Log Blog featuring only chocolate containing recipes so I was ound to be a fan. When she moved blogs I was more than happy to follow and her non-chocolate recipes are just as good. 
  13. The Lass in the Apron - Alexandra always makes me envious of her creativity in the kitchen and leave sme thinking 'I want that now'. I want to visit her chocolate market stall where I'd be her best customer.
  14. Supergolden Bakes - Lucy is a blogger I really admire. Her photography skills are breathtaking and her recipes divine being just detailed enough to get absorbed in but not so detailed you get flustered or bored.
  15. Every Nook & Cranny -  Jodie is a very enthusiastic foodie and I've met her in person too. I enjoy the stories that accompany each recipe and her collection of props makes me just a tiny bit jealous too.
 That was hard! So tell me, do you have a favourite blog? 

6 comments:

  1. Yay congratulations Laura, it's good to get all the hard work recognised. I bet your parents were proud. Nice blog post. I saw it over on G+ and thought it would be interesting to see who you rated, never expecting to see Tin and Thyme - thank you :)

    ps Has the Biscuit Barrel gone into hiding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette. They really were very proud - I wanted it to be their day more than my own. Tin and Thyme definitely deserves to be one there :)

      The Biscuit Barrel has sadly retired. I went to take back over and realised I didn't want to force myself to do it and it become a chore, especially with how stressful I know doing my PhD will be. I explained it a bit better here: http://idmuchratherbakethan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/coffee-and-roasted-banana-bundt-cake.html

      Delete
  2. This is a great list, and I am honoured that Cake Of The Week is on it! There are a few unknown blogs to me here, so it's a great chance for me to cast a wider net.

    Congrats on your graduation, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the list - you totally deserve to be on it! I love these sorts of things because I always find someone new to follow. And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your degree - very well done! I hope you had a big cake to celebrate :) Clearly great minds think alike as I follow all of these blogs too. Thank you so much for including mine - it was a really good to meet you at the cake show too and I hope there will be other opportunities in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! I'm looking forward to my next show. And we definitely share very good tastes in blogs (and cakes!)

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!