So. Officially I'm now a Master of Chemistry which quite frankly I find hilarious. Yes, Tuesday saw me finally graduate. In all seriousness though, I'm over the moon. It was a hectic day - travelling from my parents house, making myself presentable at my own house, the ceremony, lunch with my parents at a lovely tea room then an awards do in the evening where I picked up an award for my final year performance.
I stayed in Huddersfield for one of my friends graduation but am going home again this weekend because there is a lot of family stuff happening next week. It's got to the point that when I'm in Huddersfield I miss home and when I'm at my parents I miss Huddersfield.
I thought I'd bring you something different for Something for the Weekend this week. I've been meaning to share a list of my favourite blogs for a while. Please be aware though that it is by no means definitive because out of the 150+ blogs I follow (yep!) my favourites can change depending on my mood and what I'm fancying. So today these are the bloggers, in no particular order, I feel need to be given a special shout out.
- What Kate Baked... - Kate has a brilliant way with words and it is a real pleasure to read the whole post, not just skip to the recipe.
- Sally Baking Addiction - Do I need to explain this one? The photography, the detailed explanations, the cute pictures of Jude AND Sally seems like a genuinely nice person.
- Baked by Rachel - Rachel's pizza recipes are so creative. I want to go to her house for pizza night every week.
- Cake of the Week - Janine has a very inventive way with alcohol in her baking. Plus, she is a fellow chemist but that doens't really make me biased.
- Belleau Kitchen - I've been following Dom's blog right from the start of my own and I love his way with words and his approach to baking.
- Cakeyboi - Stuart is very creative and produces so many fun treats. I would not be ashamed to eat one after hte other if presented with a plate full.
- Caroline Makes - Another one I've been following from the beginning. Caroline is brilliant at cake decorating and her Slimming World suited recipes do not let on they are healthier.
- Scientifically Sweet - Christina is a food scientist so I get to satisfy my sweet teeth and my nerdy side with each one of her posts.
- Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary - Elizabeth manages to provide family friendly recipes that look much closer to gourmet. There is beautiful food and Shetlands scenery photography in there too.
- Cookies and Cups - Shelly makes fun baking recipes and quick and simple dinners which will always appeal to me along with her enthusiastic writing.
- The More Than Occasional Baker - Ros really is an avid baker and her muffin recipes truly stand out. Plus, it was lovely to meet her in person at a food show last year.
- Tin and Thyme - Choclette began blogging at Chocolate Log Blog featuring only chocolate containing recipes so I was ound to be a fan. When she moved blogs I was more than happy to follow and her non-chocolate recipes are just as good.
- The Lass in the Apron - Alexandra always makes me envious of her creativity in the kitchen and leave sme thinking 'I want that now'. I want to visit her chocolate market stall where I'd be her best customer.
- Supergolden Bakes - Lucy is a blogger I really admire. Her photography skills are breathtaking and her recipes divine being just detailed enough to get absorbed in but not so detailed you get flustered or bored.
- Every Nook & Cranny - Jodie is a very enthusiastic foodie and I've met her in person too. I enjoy the stories that accompany each recipe and her collection of props makes me just a tiny bit jealous too.