Monday, 29 June 2015

My Favourite Peanut Butter Brownies

A double dose of peanut putter awaits in these gooey brownies. The star of the show is mixed right into the batter AND swirled on top. My absolute favourite peanut butter brownies.
My absolute favourite gooey Peanut Butter Brownies. That's neat peanut butter swirled right on top.
 What do you do to be kind to yourself when going through extreme stress? No prizes for guessing what I do - bake and eat lots of chocolate. I'm barely ashamed of just how much chocolate I ate during exam week. There was more than one reason for the chocolate gorging but the end result was worth it!
My absolute favourite gooey Peanut Butter Brownies. That's neat peanut butter swirled right on top.
Before exam week started I prepared for the onslught of stress that I knew was to come in every way possible. I went shopping for all the things I like to eat before I leave for an exam (bacon and egg sandwiches if you're interested) and all manner of sweet treats that I might possibly fancy. Of course I had to bake something for myself too. Plus, it's really rather nice to bake with only yourself in mind! Peanut butter brownies were the only answer.
My absolute favourite gooey Peanut Butter Brownies. That's neat peanut butter swirled right on top.
I'm not talking brownies completely overloaded with every form of peanut butteriness imaginable. Instead I'm talking about my ideal, simple, peanut butter brownies in which the peanut butter is undiluted to give that perfect hit of sumptuous flavour (you know the one) combined with the ultra chocolateyness that all good brownies have. These brownies are pretty much the epitome of that category. Adapted from my original favourite recipe, these brownies are gooey and thick with pockets of melted milk chocolate and the subtle pieces of peanuts that come from using crunchy peanut butter. Swirl some more right into the top and it will bake to such nutty perfection that you might even want to face some extra stress so you have an excuse to bake these.
My absolute favourite gooey Peanut Butter Brownies. That's neat peanut butter swirled right on top.
Or just bake them anyway. You deserve a treat such as these once in a while. They might even rank better than brownies with a mini Galaxy caramel egg nestled into each one. Or brownies laced with whisky and Baileys Chocolat luxe. There's only one way to find out after all...


print recipe

My Favourite Peanut Butter Brownies
A double dose of peanut putter awaits in these gooey brownies. The star of the show is mixed right into the batter AND swirled on top. My absolute favourite peanut butter brownies.
Ingredients
  • 50g butter
  • 60g + 120g peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
  • 100g dark chocolate, chopped
  • 25g + 75g milk chocolate, chopped
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 100g plain flour
  • 30g cocoa powder
Instructions
1. Set the oven to 170 C/150 C fan and line an 8" sqaure tin with baking paper. Melt the butter, 60g peanut butter, dark chocolate and 25g milk chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.2. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until foamy then stir in the vanilla extract followed by the melted mixture. Stir in the flour and cocoa until just combined, then the remaining milk chocolate. 3. Pour the mixture into the tray and drizzle the peanut butter onto the top (warmed slightly if necessary to make it easier) then gently swirl the mixture.4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 mins - a skewer inserted into the middle will come out with a bit of mixture on. Set onto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
I'm sharing these brownies with CookBlogShare run by Lucy at Supergolden Bakes and Bake of the Week run by Helen at Casa Costello. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You are on a serious brownie binge right now!! Are they the new brain food? I'd happily eat my way through a batch of these stress or not.....They look amazing and peanut butter with chocolate is such a great pairing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally think brownies are brain food ;) It shows what controls my brain anyway haha

      Delete
  2. I love brownies...they are definitely one of my favorite desserts! And add peanut butter in...serious yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yep, these are definitely exactly that dangerous. They were to me anyway!

      Delete
  3. Peanut butter and chocolate together are my favorite!! I would eat this whole pan :) And pay for it later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be totally worth it at the time. Even the freezer didn't stop me eating more than I should have done ;)

      Delete
  4. Won't last long in our house !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and peanut butter in there too must be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they really are. A serious case of blowing my own trumpet which I'm not ashamed to confess to!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!