Tuesday, 26 May 2015

4 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies - Gluten Free

I swear that I've blogged more this May than since I said I would have to cut down to focus on my final year. Too many mornings of waking up early and not being able to get back to sleep would be the cause of that. If I'm awake I might as well do something useful. Now that exams are over I want to get right back into blogging and implement the plans I have for this little space of mine. We'll see if they happen between moving, results day, graduation and the family stuff that's going to have me flitting between Doncaster and Huddersfield all summer.
4 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies - gluten free, grain free and delicious
I actually baked these cookies quite some time ago, back when I was sent some goodies from MyProtein to review. I made some chocolate buckwheat muffins to showcase them. Did you know they do lots more than protein powders? Like giant tubs of nut butters? I had to keep myself from opening my tub of almond butter from as long as possible because I knew what I'd do as soon as the seal was broken. But hey, it got me through writing my dissertation. All 104 pages of it.
4 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies - gluten free, grain free and delicious
This flour free, grain free, nut butter cookie recipe has been doing the rounds for ages. I'd been intending to make them with peanut butter but each time I bought a jar it would be empty again before I got chance to bake them. That is no loss though because this almond butter version was so wonderful it was clearly meant to be. I can barely describe them they were that good. Perfect almond flavour disturbed only by the background notes of a little honey used to sweeten them. Chunks of milk chocolate add little creamy pockets of treats dispersed throughout the morsels of chewy, nutty perfection.
4 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies - gluten free, grain free and delicious
Think chunks of baked marzipan, but of course you could used any nut butter. I think a hazelnut version would be wonderful. I used less sugar than most of these naturally gluten free cookie recipes call for because I realy couldn't see the point in diluting the almond flavour with unnecessary sweetness. Well, I was right. What's more, miss out the chocolate and you will still have beautiful little cookies which you can eat for breakfast with no guilt whatsoever (I ca personally attest to that). These aren't the typical sugar filled treat hiding as a breakfast cookie. They are simply quick to make, delightful to eat, bites of perfection. 
4 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies - gluten free, grain free and delicious
(P.S. My nails don't currently look like that much to my dismay.)


print recipe

Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
Four ingredient gluten free almond butter cookies, reminiscent of baked marzipan hiding chunks of creamy milk chocolate throughout.
Ingredients
  • 250g almond butter
  • 4 tbsp honey (your favourite)
  • 1 large egg
  • 100g milk chocolate, chopped
Instructions
1. Set the oven to 180 C/160 C fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper.2. Mix the hoeny into the almond butter followed by the egg. Fold in the chopped chocolate.3. Form into walnut sized balls and place on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly and bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 mins depending on how thick you made them and how soft you prefer your cookies.4. After a few mins on the baking sheet out of the oven, remove to a wire rack too cool and repeat with the remaining mixture.

I'm sending these off to CookBlogShare, this month hosted by Angela of Patisserie Makes Perfect on behalf of Lucy from Supergolden Bakes. Also, to Shop Local run by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary because the honey was produced locally in Barnsley though sadly the farmers market where I bought it didn't give me any more information.

16 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good Laura and I love that they're gluten free. A really customisable recipe too. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. Customisable recipes are the best aren't they?!

      Delete
  3. These look amazing! I definitely wouldn't object to starting my day with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cookies!! Love your description of them too..... very tempting!
    Good to see a few more posts appearing with the drop in work-load! You've been missed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Kate! That means a lot.

      Delete
  5. These look great, a tasty way to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious. Love that they are gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4 ingredients to pure bliss--gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our signals today and make up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!