Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies

It's April. My exams start on May 11th. The ones which decide what degree classification I get after four years of battling chemistry. This means I should be revising. But hey, I made cookies instead!
Soft baked Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies with a fudge like centre.
Of course I made cookies. I'm an excellent procrastibaker and I needed to at least try and relax. I also needed something really chocolatey that I could keep reaching for. Over and over. Anything to get me through the next couple of months. May 29th is when it is all over people. Watch this space!
Soft baked Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies with a fudge like centre.
These cookies were the result of finding some sharing bags of Aero bubble reduced. Not the usual mint ones but the rare milk and white chocolate Asro bubbles. Of course, I had to buy a couple of bags to add to my stash. I had intended to use them as decoration for some marble cupcakes but then I got upset so ate one bag. I can't remember what over but at a guess it was probably over my dissertation. The relief I felt when I clicked submit was immense. 
Soft baked Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies with a fudge like centre.
So these cookies. I've been here before with a mint Aero bubbles version. These though are something else. Each bite is met with the slightest resistance from the outer shell of crunchiness that is wished for in the best cookies. On reaching the sumptuously chewy core you are met with an intense chocolate hit with just enough sweetness to balance the sweet and creamy white chocolate, the Aero bubbles adding a layer of fun pleasure to a grown up chocolate cookie.
Soft baked Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies with a fudge like centre.
I know an office of scientists that would have enjoyed these. Trouble is, they never made it that far.

Double Chocolate Aero Bubbles Cookies
Makes 18 ish cookies
Crisp on the outside with a soft and chewy fudge like interior these cookies are deeply chocolatey and packed full of the rare milk and white chocolate Aero bubbles.










Ingredients
For the cupcakes:
  • 115g butter
  • 190g sugar
  • 1 heaped tsp molasses
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 0.75 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 175g plain flour
  • 45g cocoa powder
  • 230g Aero bubbles (2 sharing bags)
Instructions
1. Melt the butter with the sugar and molasses in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
2.Mix in the egg, then egg yolk, then vanilla. Sift in the bicarbonate of soda, plain flour and cocoa and stir together until the dry ingredients are almost incorporated.
3. Crush the Aero bubbles so some are in small pieces and some are still whole. Mix into the cookie dough, reserving a few to go on top of each cookie if you wish.
4. Set the oven to 180 C/160 C fan and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place balls of cookie dough on the tray, making them reasonably tall. Don't have more than 12 cookies on each tray.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 mins, depending on how soft you prefer your cookies - tey will look underdone. Mine weighed about 35g each and I baked them for 10 mins. Leave on the baking tray for a few mins then carefully remove to a wire rack. Divide the rest of the dough into balls and repeat. If you've saved some Aero bubbles pieces, gently press them into the warm cookies now.

I'm sharing these cookies with CookBlogShare run by Lucy at Supergolden Bakes and Bake of the Week run by Helen from Casa Costello. Also, Tea Time Treats where the theme is chocolate this month. Karen from Lavender and Lovage alternates as host with Janie from The Hedgecombers. My use of Aero bubbles makes them suitable for the candy themed Biscuit Barrel too. Alexandra from The Lass in the Apron is hosting for me while I finish of my degree and I couldn't be more grateful.

28 comments:

  1. They look yummy and look like a good excuse to buy some aero sharing bags!! Good luck with your exams and keep at that revision (although a break for a cook sounds good to me) I have a daughter struggling with her AS Chemistry. Luckily she doesn't want to take it further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and good luck to your daughter too. Good on her for trying with chemistry and I hope she finds her peace with it for her exam.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, sound delicious. We can never come up with too many variations of chocolate cookies in this world, can we? All the best for your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I know what you mean, I ws browsing a blog I really like today and pinned another three or four to try on top of all the others I'm already planning to bake haha

      Delete
  3. They look so good! Good luck in the exams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not long to go now! Good luck with the finals! I remember how stressful it was, so I don't envy what you are going through!
    The cookies look perfect for meeting the sugar levels required right now! Yum....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you. I managed to space them out over quite some time... But only because I made lots of other things in between!

      Delete
  5. I think you can allow a couple of hours to bake and blog! Good luck; the stress will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baking cookies over exam studying, or chemistry any day. I also suck at math so I'd choose baking in a heartbeat. And these look so decadent! Areo chocolate AND white chocolate...you be crazy, in the best way possible!

    Found ya via supergoldenbakes :)

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marta. Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on handing in your dissertation. You're nearly there! It's good to take a bit of time out for baking yummy cookies. If anything it's necessary. Don't want to go hungry when you're revising ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha in that case I'd better make sure I keep the tin of cookies in my room then ;)

      Delete
  8. These sound like a fantastic treat to bake! Good luck with the rest of your studies. #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Aero bubbles! We lived in the UK for a year and it was one of the best times of my life. Your recipes sometimes bring me back to those times! These look delicious....cookies are my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Denise. That's such a lovely complement.

      Delete
  10. These look so chocolaty and perfect for a large glass of milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely. I'm a big fan of packing in as much chocolate as possible.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on submitting your diss! I was very lucky, I didn't have to do one for my degree. although with the amount of exams I had to take I would almost have preferred doing one! Good luck on your exams, you'll do great!!!
    These cookies look amazing, I don't normally like aero but I love aero bubbles for some reason! These will definitely make good revision buddies hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought so! They are all gone now sadly. I think you had it harder with more exams - as much as I hated writing up, the research was really interesting and I feel like I've got far too much revision to do as it is!

      Delete
  12. Procrastinating by baking seems a fair trade off to me! Hopefully the energy from the yummy cookies will help power you through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where would we be without baking! Wishing you all the luck with your exams – sounds stressful so hopefully there's more baking in your future... thanks for linking with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There will definitely be more baking to come - my new research group would have strong words to express if there wasn't haha!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!