Saturday, 1 November 2014

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge - November 14

Welcome to another Biscuit Barrel challenge. Last months Comfort Food themed Biscuit Barrel was a huge success - it was really lovely getting to know what you all thought of as comforting in some way. Chocolate featured quite heavily but that is in no way a bad thing!
As we get closer and closer to 'the coldest winter for 200 years' that we have every year (does the media realise we have stopped listening after hearing that for the past, what, eight years?) I am finding myself drinking more and more tea. Every time I put the kettle on I am tempted to reach for my biscuit stash and I have to try really hard to resist. With that in mind, the theme for this month is...

WINTER WARMERS

Interpret that how you will. This could be a treat packed full of spices to warm you up from the inside or simply something that you imagine yourself enjoying stretch out my the fireside. I did want to put the theme as 'Hot Drink Dunkers' but I thought that would exclude so many little cakes and treats that I had better not! 

Remember, any little goody that fits into a biscuit barrel and fits the theme can be entered!

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
  1. Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
  2. Follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
  3. Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month. The link up closes on the 26th.
  4. The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due. You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
  5. You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish.
  6. Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
  7. If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
  8. Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at smile101@fsmail.net.

7 comments:

  1. A fantastic theme this month! I will try and enter something this month - I've been so busy; hardly any time to bake - it's all just writing about food these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to your entry then Elizabeth if you do get chance! No worries if you don't though =)

      Delete
  2. Ha, you and I think alike apparently because this is basically my theme for BWS this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!