Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Biscuit Barrel August 14 Round Up

Goodness, how quick has August gone? Any month is going far too fast for my liking though because that makes it all the closer to my final year. 

I warn you now that I will most likely make a massive wail and fuss over final year of my Chemistry degree but I hope you will stick with my through all my moans. For now though, let us all distract ourselves with this brilliant selection of no-bake goodies.

First up is Angela from Garden, Tea, Cakes and Me with these Chewy Toffee and Salted Cashew Nut Cookies. Incredibly simple, if you are a fan of the salty/sweet combination these are certainly for you. I'm a nut fanatic at the moment after seeing how quickly they've made my nails grow and so these are a bit of a danger to have near me.

Caroline from Caroline Makes has come up with a rather delicious Strawberry Marshmallow Mousse which is ideal for these warm summer months when you want something fruity without the effort. The marshmallows add a different texture and the whole thing is something I'd probably be eagerly scraping the dish clean of because strawberries are my favourite after all.

Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker has adapted a previous recipe for these Chocolate and Peppermint Squares. I was a big fan of the original so how could I not be of this new version?  Similar to minty individual cheesecakes, a crushed Oreo based is topped with such a refreshing cream cheese mixture that I can practically taste the cooling mint already.

Kate from the Gluten Free Alchemist has managed to make marshmallows even more addictive with these Marshmallow Party Bites. Kate recommends them for childrens party but if I could make a request, I'd have them at a party of mine too - they couldn't be more fun with their dip of chocolate and coating of cheery sprinkles. 

Stuart from Cakeyboi has been very clever this month with his Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pinwheels.  The peanut butter/chocolate combination take what could also be called a health bar to a whole new level while the swirl make them so fun. Definitely one way to get extra fruit down children - if there is any left after I've been at them.

Janine from Cake of the Week has also beenmaking something which is already addictive dangerously more so with these Popcorn Squares. I'm glad a packet of popcorn ended up being forgotten because otherwise these may not have been created and the next time I have an excuse, I'm going to make these for sure. Complete with sprinkles of course.

Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary created these Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites to provide a solution to the need to occupy her children when they were forced to stay indoors. The only trouble was, they were so nice, their portion were gone in now time and Elizabeth admits herself that they are very addictive.

You wouldn't think a Lemon Meringue Pie would be able to fit into a biscuit Barrel but Caroline from Caroline Makes has managed it with the individual portions of this deconstructed version. Using crushed biscuits to evoke the flavours of pastry, lemon curd, whipped cream, a mini meringue and lemony sprinkles you canbe enjoying this in mere minutes.

The Baking Explorer aka Kat made these Chocolate Truffles to use up some egg yolks that were leftover from another bake. An intense chocolate hit smooth enough to melt in your mouth, it is no surprise that these didn't last very long, expecially with the variety of finishes Kat offered. 

Rebecca from BakeNQuilt has taken a classic and turned it into a no-bake version with these No Bake Peanut Butter Blossoms. Simple ingredients come together in an oatmeal based dough finished off with a kiss of chocolate, Rebecca says the hardest part of this recipe is no eating them all in one go.

Choclette from Chocolate Log Blog made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispies to take on a trip to visit her peanut butter loving mother-in-law and has stated that they will be made again they were that good. The peanut butter and sweet milk chocolate is a winning combination every time and even just typing it has made me want some - any crumbly bits are property of the chef.

Helen from Family Friends Food has personalised crispy cakes by adding spices and dried fruits to make these Spiced Chocolate Fruit and Nut Crispy Cake Bites. The added health factor from the fruit and nuts may make them just that little bit more dangerous because I wouldn't feel as guilty about eating more than my fair share, even though they are so intense. I'm good with intense desserts!

I've left my own entry unitl last because embarrassingly, my own linky tool wouldn't let me add it. At least now I can present my Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. I made these for my nephews to take with them on a long car journey but thoroughly taste tested them before hand and decided the combination of white chocolate and peanut butter is my new favourite over milk or dark chocolates. The topping is the most dangerous part because before it gets poured on top and sets it invitingly calls to be eaten as is.

That's it for another month and thank you to all those who entered. If it was possible to get hyper on sugar simply from reading about things you want to eat then I certainly would have managed it after writing this. Thankfully I can't so I can survive another month to give you a new theme in a few days time.

P.S. The Treat Petite theme was also No Bake this month so we have had some of the same entries. Why don't you pop over to Cakeyboi to see Stuart's round up and read what delicious things he has to say about them too?



7 comments:

  1. Great round up. Thanks Laura! I fancy the peanut butter blossoms first, and then I'll work through the rest one by one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant round up and lots of lovely no bake ideas to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job these weren't all put right in front of me. I'd be in trouble!

      Delete
  3. What a great round up - I have to say looking at them all I would love to take a bite of Ros's Chocolate and Peppermint Squares.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW & make up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!