A new month and a new challenge. Last month the Biscuit Barrel was filled with creations that were linked to Summer in some way which once again had me wanting to rush home from uni and bake.
I asked my mum for inspiration for a theme for July and she immediately said strawberries. However, I have a major problem with baking with strawberries in that I love them so much that never enough reach the mixing bowl. Seeing as not everybody is that weak willed though, and to open up the flavours a bit, thIs month I'd love to see your ideas which contain...
IN SEASON FRUITS
Now I know that some people find it difficult to get hold of fresh fruits, or don't like to bake with them so if there is a dried/freeze dried version of an in season fruit then that is fine too - as long as it fits into a biscuit container of some sort (i.e. pretty much any small treat) then it is valid. Any questions, just ask.
The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
- Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
- Follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
- Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month. The link up closes on the 26th.
- The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due. You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
- You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish.
- Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
- If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
- Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at email@example.com.