After such a bumper round up last month I'm positively dying to keep it up this month. While trying not to go all gushy on you, I really do love it when I see each entry come in and it's even better to see you enjoy yourselves. Having the theme of FUN last month seemed to prompt so many people to join in!
This month is going to be a bit busy for me, for the first couple of weeks at least, which I'll admit right now is what has inspired the theme this month. I'm sure many people will agree that when a particular stressful event is on the horizon, al you want from food and goodies is comfort. For that reason this month the theme is...
I would like to see all your bakes this month that you to consider to be a favourite in some way. This could be your all time favourite of something, a bake using a favourite ingredient, a favourite method or a new favourite entirely that you have just discovered. Got more than one favourite of something? Enter them all!
Just to clarify something before I leave you to get baking - this challene isn't just about biscuits. When I first thought up the challenge it was supposed to be just for biscuits and cookies but I didn't want to exclude those who didn't like to bake such things so I widened the scope to anything that would fit into a biscuit container. I like bending the rules too much to limit anyone and so I welcome anything that you have made which basically is individually portioned, even if it requires quite a large biscuit container. There isn't much that this doesn't cover and if you are really unsure then I'm still around to ask. Or you can check out the previous months entries in the round-ups to see what other people have submitted.
What more of an excuse do you want? Now is the time to dig out all those recipes that you are dying to revisit because you loved them so much.
The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
- Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
- It would be lovely if you could follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
- Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month (see above for themes/inks) by the 26th of the month. Don't worry, it's really easy.
- The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due.You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
- You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish as long as it complies with the rules of that challenge.
- Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
- If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
- Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most important of all, have fun!