Sunday, 16 March 2014

Ultra-Sized Chocolate Chip Cookie

Have you ever made a recipe with vrey little other purpose than for fun? That was what this cookie was born out of. A couple of weeks ago I was shown a website by one of the PhDs at uni which was full of well know treats that people had made giant version of and I was soon hooked. With a good feeling that I could equal some of their attempts or better them in some cases I started mentally preparing a list of which ones to try. My favourite one will hopefully be coming soon but for my first go I made this monster.

It seemed like a good idea and it absolutely turned out to be a very good cookie. A longer slower bake retains that much sought after crisp on the edges, chewy in the middle deliciousness that so many people crave. Admittedly it was a struggle not to eat the whole think with a big glass of milk but I was well behaved. If you ignore the large bit I broke off for the inside photo and consequently snaffled half of before I even took said photo.

And the regular sized cookie I baked at the same time to compare it with and ate still molten from the oven. Ahem. But when there is a cookie this size hanging about, nobody is going to miss a tiny single one right?

So the next time you want to make something extra special but don't want to think about coming up with an extra special recipe, ultra size a cookie. Kids will love you, adults will love you, you will love you. Enough said.


This is a bit of a cheeky entry for this months AlphaBakes, a joint venture between Ros from The more than occasional baker (our host for this month) and Caroline of Caroline Makes seeing as I've forced the required letter U in there myself but there is no getting away from the fact that this is one ultra big cookie! Hopefully it will still count though!

8 comments:

  1. So I could eat this and then claim I'd only eaten one biscuit? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! So glad someone is thinking along the same lines as me =)

      Delete
  2. That is one serious sugar fix!!!!! Should keep you buzzing for days........ Delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a self-confessed sugar addict!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh..that is awesome! It looks and sounds perfect!!! the only prob is exercising self control....i wud just keep going back for more and before u know it would be gone. The thought of eating warm with the choc all melty ...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have that problem. Couple no self control with a full set of sweet teeth and I end up in big trouble on a daily basis!

      Delete
  4. Yes please!! Send it over here!! Thanks for entering AlphaBakes, definitely an acceptable use of 'U'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so glad. It lasted me a while, cut into slices but I really, really wanted to eat the whole thing straight off!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!