Saturday, 1 March 2014

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge - March 14

With the winter months being over I would like to say that the warmer weather will be arriving soon but seeing as this is the UK that would probably be untrue. The weather does what it likes and when it likes yet so many of us Brits are so resigned to that fact, it is almost a sense of pride. Almost. I will never forget last year when there was more snow on the ground the day I went home for Easter than there was the day I went home for Christmas.

Last months Biscuit Barrel round up was full of gorgeous chocolate entries and although I would be hard pushed to say no to a chocolate biscuit, I can't have the same theme every month. As a result, in honour of March heralding the start of a new season, this month the theme is...


SPRING

Interpret this how you wish, whether it be lighter ingredients, freshly coloured decoration or pretty shapes. Whatever firection you go in, I'm looking forward to seeing what makes you think of spring so have fun and go bake!

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
  1. Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
  2. It would be lovely if you could follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
  3. Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month (see above for themes/inks) by the 26th of the month. Don't worry, it's really easy.
  4. The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due.You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
  5. You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish as long as it complies with the rules of that challenge.
  6. Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
  7. If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
  8. Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at smile101@fsmail.net or laurajdenman@gmail.com
  9. Most important of all, have fun!
P.S. I'm also hosting We Should Cocoa this month. You can take a peak here - I'd love it if you could join in that too or spread the word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!