Wednesday, 1 January 2014

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge - January 14

Happy New Year everyone!!!!! I can't think of a better way to celebrate the new year of baking than with a new challenge. I cannot wait to see what will be set by the other bloggers and I'm looking forward to seeing where this blog and the Biscuit Barrel goes in 2014. 

The December 13 challeneg was quick and easy and once again the round up contains some fantastic recipes which you can see here. Some of you may not feel like getting back into the kitchen after so much Christmas baking while some may be having withdrawal symptoms. I'm definitely one of the latter but seeing as there is so much to be eaten still (which I'm making a good go at by the way) I've got the feeling that I'll be showing more savoury things on here in January. I know I'm not alone in that I won't be able to stay away from the sweet stuff for long though so biscuits will be made before long. The winter months are ideal for drinking copious amounts of tea and to warm you up even more I thought a good ingredient this month would be...

SPICES

Any single of combination of spices you wish and anything that fits into some sort of biscuit container is perfect. Go elaborate or keep it simple, it's up to you. I have some recipes in mind that I want to try but no doubt thhey will change. The most important thing though, as always, is to have fun!

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
  1. Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
  2. It would be lovely if you could follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
  3. Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month (see above for themes/inks) by the 26th of the month. Don't worry, it's really easy.
  4. The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due.You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
  5. You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish as long as it complies with the rules of that challenge.
  6. Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
  7. If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
  8. Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at smile101@fsmail.net or laurajdenman@gmail.com
  9. Most important of all, have fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!