Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Coming Soon in 2014

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I know a lot of bloggers have written posts on their top recipes of 2013 and similar sorts of things but I feel a bit fo a cheat doing that. I could've been joining in the party if I hadn't been a dope and left it on a nine month hiatus but as it was, I did, only taking my blog bake up in earnest at the end of my second year exams. Since then though so much had happened and I'd Much Rather Bake Than... has grown massively. Not massively compared to most of the fantastic blogs I read but I'm still really pleased with how far we've come together and and enjoying writing no end. A lot of people say to me they are surprised I still have the time to bake but to put it simply, I won't give it up. It's something I love and it is here to stay. End of.

In place of a 2013 round up I've decided to see in the new year with a collection of things I want to do in the coming 12 months. It is by no means a definitive list as I'm likely to change my mind as soon as I hit publish. Neither is it a list of baking resolutions. If I call it that I won't make any of them. Simply it is a gathering of deliciousness that I wish to recreate after having seen them on Pinterest - the ones I've thought about most or caught my eye most recently when I've been scrolling through my boards. Just trust me on these. I'd love to know if you have any pinned recipes that you'd especially love to make sometime soon.  

So here we go, in no particular order..

Savoury (the shortest list, naturally)...
Is there really any bad part to this? 
  
Mmmmmm...

Why have I never thought of this before?


Sweet (I swear I do eat fruit and veg)...
 Of course olive oil will be as good as butter...
 Ginger warming comfort.
Dark and brooding

I got excited about these as soon as I saw them..

Forget the plates, pass me a ladle.

Don't tell me you don't want to.

Just because.

I wonder how thick I can make my Nutella layer.

There are of course thousands more things I would like to learn to do and recipes to try but these are right up there for now. Rest assured though that every single edible treat I have pinned on Pinterest I want to try. These are just tasters and would change daily if I had half a chance to repeat his post regularly. Fingers crossed I get to try a few of them out in the next twelve months. With my own adaptations of course.

All photos belong to the creators of the blogs I've filched them off. Any problems and I'll of course remove them immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see your post on the bacon cheeseburger pie, pulled pork pizza, chocolate wasted cake :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are the ones I'm looking forward to most of all!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!