Saturday, 14 December 2013

The Vanilla Diaries Week 3

This is just a quick post to let you all know how my vanilla extract is coming along. I had intended to give you an end of week 2 update but really there wasn't a massive change so I left it until now. Everymorning when I make breakfast I have to resist the urge to take the bottle out and give it a good shake because it isn't really necessary to do it that often now but I still want to. I've been wondering if I can get away with just a four week extraction rather than the full six so I can start it before Christmas but I know I shouldn't really. I'm used to two and four hour extractions in the lab so this is a bit different for me. I don't think it has changed all that much but that is to be expected at this stage. A little darker maybe? I'm not sure. All I do know for certain is that I cannot wait to give it a trial run!

You can read my excitement over starting this here for Week 0 and here for Week 1.

2 comments:

  1. It's somehow very satisfying making your own vanilla extract. I leave my pods in and just keep topping my jar up with vodka every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding it so satisfying even now and it isn't even ready yet!

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!