Sunday, 1 December 2013

The Biscuit Barrel Challenge - December

Even as I sit here writing this (while I'm waiting for my stuff to dry in the lab I might add) I'm still pretty overwhelmed but the response to the November Biscuit Barrel challenge. Overwhelmed in the best way possible though so thank you to all who entered and helped to spread the word. The entries were to a brilliant standard and it was lovely to see what so many people thought fitted into a 'festive and party' theme. You can have a look for yourself at the round-up here.

December might have seemed the more obvious time to have a festive and party theme but I figured that this month would be busy enough for most people getting ready for the festive time, whatever you are celebrating. With that in mind I thought it would be nice to have a more relaxed theme and so for December it would be lovely if you could share your recipes with the theme of ...


QUICK AND EASY

Remember, the Biscuit Barrel challenge isn't strictly limited to just biscuits and cookies. By my reckoning, as long as it fits into a biscuit or cookie container it is is fine - last month we even had mince pies! The most important thing is that whatever you come up with is quick and simple to make and that you enjoy them. Have fun! (P.S. I'm extending the usual closing date to December 28th so it doesn't clash with any Boxing Day celebrations.)


The Biscuit Barrel Challenge rules:
  1. Blog about your recipe that fits in with the theme of the month, linking back to I'd Much Rather Bake Than... Include the logo in your post and add 'The Biscuit Barrel' as a label.
  2. It would be lovely if you could follow I'd Much Rather Bake Than... using the Google Friend Connect Button.
  3. Add the link to your post to the linky tool at the bottom of the post of the month (see above for themes/inks) by the 28th of the month. Don't worry, it's really easy.
  4. The recipe can be your own or someone else, just give credit where it is due.You can also add old posts as long as they have been updated to include the logo/link/label.
  5. You can submit as many recipes as you like and enter your recipe into as many other challenges as you wish as long as it complies with the rules of that challenge.
  6. Don't be concerned about joining in every month. When you have time or when you feel like it is fine.
  7. If you are on Twitter tweet your link to be @MustBakeCakes and use #biscuitbarrel and I'll try to retweet those I see. I'll also pin entries onto the Biscuit Barrel board on Pinterest.
  8. Any questions feel free to ask in a comment or email at smile101@fsmail.net or laurajdenman@gmail.com
  9. Most important of all, have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have a few quick and simple treats that I'd planned as gifts so I think they will fit...well into a large biscuit barrel anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, a large biscuit barrel is always a good thing! I can't wait to see what you come up with =)

      Delete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!