Sunday, 27 October 2013

Biscuit Barrel October 13 Round Up

Welcome to the second ever round up for the Biscuit Barrel challenge. Once again I've enjoyed receiving and reading each and every entry. It has been particularly interesting this month because it gave me chance to nosey into the things that other bakers have bookmarked to bake at a later date. I know for certain I'm not the only one that adds to their 'to bake' list on a daily basis at a rate far greater than I can actually cross things off and after such an enjoyable challenge it looks like I'll be adding to it again!
First up are these Bear Paws from Elizabeth at Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary and what a wonderful entry to start the biscuit dough ball rolling. Such a creative recipe fun recipe packed full of treacle, syrup and spices - perfect for the autumn season but I would love eating these at any time of year. Elizabeth hasn't made these biscuits in years having not being able to find the molasses here in the UK the recipe originally called for but if you pop over to her blog you will find the perfect solution.


Next is the first of my two entries. I've had my eye on these Nutella Stuffed Cookies for quite some time because I thought they sounded delicious and yet incredibly easy. How could anything that uses so much Nutella not be yummy?! Since making these I've had several other ideas for fillings that are sure to be filling my uni house kitchen soon.
Now we have these amazing Chai Spiced Butter Biscuits from Chinskitchen. Buttery biccies are a comforting delight to start off with then you add in the added flavour of chai spices and these biscuits are taken to the next level, especially when made using a homemade spice mix. Mmmmmmm......
People who need or choose to follow a gluten free diet often have to miss out on some lovely biscuits but these Pistachio, Hazelnut, Apricot and Apple Biscotti by The Gluten Free Alchemist Kate will make up for it for certain. I love the combination of flavours and textures but what really got me hooked was the description. I really think you ought to pop over and readit for yourself. I've not yet made the perfect biscotti myself but these have inspired me to try again.

My second entry this month are these Ginger Bonfire Toffee Crinkles. The original recipe used molasses but I decided that black treacle was close enough so went with that instead. It took just one bite to get me hooked on these. I instantly thought of the bonfire lollies I used to have as a child and everybody I described them too were really intrigued by what I said. They were even more intrigued when I said I wanted to try a cake version!

Our last entry to drool over this month is Choclette's Chocolate, Apricot and Walnut Tortes from Chocolate Log Blog. You probably woulodn't have considered a torte as being a biscuit but Choclette describes these as a light chewy and crunchy biscuit and seeing as they are my favourite kind hwo could I argue? Especially when they sound so delicious. I can well imagine the contrasting flavours and textures of the apricots and walnuts go wonderfully together and with the addition of chocolate, I don't see how these can fail.

That's it for this month and thank you to all the entrants and supporters. Come back in a few days to see what the November theme will be and I do so hope you can join in. 

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm cookies! :D A lovely round up! Can't wait to see what next month's theme is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share next months theme if I'm honest! I love the start of each month so I can collect a list of what all the challenges are looking for =)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, ooh, ooh, so much biscuity loveliness. Those chai cookies not only sound delicious, but boy, don't they look fancy too? Thanks for the round-up Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Glad you liked the round up =)

      Delete
  3. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Idea to Help Dieters LOSE 12-23 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peak at my blog. I would love to hear what you think or any suggestions so please feel free to comment below!